By Kelly Grannetia – I’m so Happy……
Yes, raw chocolate really and truly makes you happy! But why? Because it contains phenylethylamine which is responsible for our state of mood and pleasure. Cacao also contains serotonin and dopamine. They stimulate good mood and ‘pleasure’ feelings.
The cacao in chocolate can offer you a wide range of other health benefits:
- Cacao has the most antioxidants available in any known food. Raw chocolate is packed with minerals, vitamins, good fats and antioxidants. It contains magnesium and other essential minerals including calcium, iron, zinc, sulfur. It also contains vitamins like B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, E and protein and fiber.
- Raw cacao chocolate is wonderful for heart health…. Cacao stimulates circulation, and opening of the blood vessels.
- Raw chocolate is also the highest natural food source available for the essential nutrient magnesium, which is wonderful for the heart muscle and nourishing and restoring every muscle in the body.
- It contains more antioxidants per gram than goji berries, blueberries, prunes, raisins, red wine, and green tea. You can see the ORAC scale here.
A lot of good reasons to make this lovely milkshake;
Raw Chocolate Milkshake
• ¼ cup hemp seeds (or use soaked almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds etc.)
• 2 heaping Tbsp. raw cacao powder
• 1 Avocado
• 1 very large frozen banana (or 2 small)
• 2 Tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup
• dash sea salt
• ¾ – 1 cup water
• 4 ice cubes
Blend all the ingredients together and add water to thin if desired (it’s really thick).